What’s Nomiee Services
Nominee services guarantee the offshore businesses’ privacy – legally. The Nominees are appointed as the official representatives of the offshore company, on behalf of the real owners.
There are three types of nominee: Nominee directors, nominee shareholders and nominee agents.
The Singapore Companies Act requires all Singapore Private Limited companies to have at least one individual director who has to be an ‘ordinarily’ resident of Singapore.A Singapore resident can be one of the following:
- Singapore Citizen
- Singapore Permanent Resident
- Singapore Employment Pass/EntrePass/Dependant Pass holder with a residential address in Singapore
If you do not have a local Singapore resident director to meet the requirement of the Singapore Companies Act, you can engage our Nominee Director Service. We will provide you with a local Nominee Director for your company provided the followings conditions are met:
- The service is offered for statutory compliance only. The Nominee Director will not be involved in any management, financial, or operational matters of the company.
- You must appoint one or more individuals (normally the company shareholders) to be the directors that are responsible for running the company operations.
- You must satisfy our initial and ongoing KYC requirements.
- Execute our Nominee Director Indemnity Agreement.
We will also require a refundable security deposit for the provision of the Nominee Director Service. The service can be terminated any time at your convenience. You, however, must appoint a new Singapore resident director to meet the statutory requirement.
The Singapore Companies Act requires all Singapore Private Limited companies to have at least one shareholder, be it an individual or a corporation. It is not necessary for the shareholder to be a Singapore resident.
Upon incorporating your Singapore or offshore company, you can nominate yourself as a shareholder of the company. Alternatively, Alpha can provide you with a Nominee Shareholder with which will help you secure your corporate privacy.
It is not uncommon for clients to engage our Nominee Shareholders Service to retain anonymity for the purpose of privacy. Our service offers Nominee Shareholders that will hold shares on trust for the beneficial owners. Only our Nominee Shareholders will be identified on the Register of Shareholders.
Nominee Shareholders Agreement
Nominee Shareholders Service provides each client with a signed declaration of trust in which the appointed Nominee Shareholder holds shares on behalf of the beneficial owner. The Nominee Shareholder is not the legal owner of the shares. The shares shall be returned to the beneficial owner when the service is terminated or transferred to another party per beneficial owner’s request. All income and capital gains on the held shares belong to the beneficial owner.
Incorporation of a Singapore branch office requires two resident agents can be:
- Singapore citizens or permanent residents,
- Holders of Employment Pass/EntrePass/Dependant’s Pass.
For foreign companies that are interested in setting up a branch office in Singapore, it must nominate two Singapore residents or foreign staff members as branch agents of the branch office. Foreign staff members will have to obtain an Employment Pass to relocate and run the branch office in Singapore. Alternatively, Rikvin can provide the branch office with two resident agents through our Nominee Agent Service.
The Nominee Agent Service can help in the incorporation of branch office quickly, and in most cases, act as temporary agents until the appointed foreign staff members have obtain their Employment Passes or suitable Singapore residents are found and appointed as agents.
We will provide the branch office with Nominee Agents provided the followings conditions are met:
- The service is offered for statutory compliance only. The Nominee Agents will not be involved in any management, financial, or operational matters of the company.
- The parent company must appoint one or more individuals to be are responsible for running the branch office operations.
- The company must satisfy Alpha initial and ongoing KYC requirements.
- The company must execute our Nominee Agent Indemnity Agreement.
We will also require a refundable security deposit for the provision of the Nominee Agent Service. The service can be terminated any time. The parent company, however, must appoint new Singapore resident agents to meet the statutory requirement.